Rye Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, Rye Whiskey, I cry,
If I don't get Rye Whiskey, I think I will die.
I feel I have so much in common with Rye Whiskey:
- made in the U.S., but has global appeal
- making a comeback, just when you thought it obsolete
- piquant and a touch bitter
- strong stuff, consume with caution
- acquired taste, not for everyone
I could write about wine, but that would be so boring.
But Why Now?
Frankly, it's time to branch out. One can only drink Wild Turkey and Michters for so long. With a blog dedicated to Rye and the Wry (read dry) humor that is (my) life, I will be absolutely obliged to get out of my comfort zone and into Old Potrero, Heaven Hill, Tempelton.
I'll have to do it; I'll owe it to my readership.
We'll be covering some shaky ground, here, and I should give a warning to readers: Rye Whiskey can come as high 160 Proof and I cannot guarantee that the insight gained at that elevation will suit all types. Like I said, it's not for everyone, but who wants to be nice, anyway?
Next posting will feature the "venturing out" Rye. Feel free to make suggestions as to what to try; this is the first and last time I'll ask for them.
Clementine

No comments:
Post a Comment